An Italy Photo Workshops' Tour
designed in collaboration with Tim Vollmer Photography.
Mountains, Rivers, and Jungles in Nepal
You’ll be expertly guided by Tim and myself, two pros with many years of experience in professionally organizing and leading photo workshops in Italy and elsewhere in the world.
As it always happens with our group workshops, everything is included, so just pack up your gear and get ready for an unforgettable photo adventure in the Himalayas!
- Eleven Days Landscape Photography Workshop -
Nepal - November 7th - 17th, 2020
• Full time in the field guidance and instructions from two professional landscape and travel photographer with more than ten years of experience in international photography tours and workshops.
• An All-Inclusive treatment: hotel rooms and all meals are included in the price.
• A small group size ensuring the necessary tutors' attention for each guest;
• Public transportation granted for the length of the tour, for your best comfort and maximum flexibility
• Inspiration, fun and a great time!
Need to Know
Nepal: Kathmandu, Chitwan National Park, Pokhara, Phedi, Dhampus, Landrung, Ghandrung, Naya Pul
November 7th - 17th, 2020
Double Occupancy lodging (single available, just ask)
4'950 EUR double room, 450 EUR single room supplement
Medium, a few but long (multiple hours) hikes with important elevation gain in the mountains
Required: DSLR or mirrorless camera, 28-120 mm zoom lens, tripod
Open to any photographer interested in landscape and travel photography, whether a beginner or a pro
Limited to maximum 12 guests
• In the field full time photo tutoring and instructions
• All arrival and departure transfers, sightseeing, and drives in a private vehicle with a/c accompanied by English speaking tour guide.
• 1-day river rafting
• elephant safari
• jungle activities such as nature walk, bird watching, canoe safari, Jeep Drive etc.
• Annapurna Conservation Project fees and permits
• 10 overnights in hotel, accommodations: Kathmandu (3nights), Chitwan (2nights), Pokhara (2nights), Trekking Tea House (3 nights)
What's Not Included
• international air travel tickets
• cancellation and travel insurance
• Everything not specifically listed as included
A deposit of 35% of the total amount will be required to hold your space in this workshop. The balance will be due not later than 120 days before the start of the tour. You will be provided by email with instructions on how to make the payments.
This workshop is strictly limited to 12 guests and sells out fast, so don't delay. If you've been thinking about a photo workshop in the Dolomites and Venice then click the button below, fill the form with all the information required and any other information you wish to communicate. You will be contacted back right away with the instructions on how to pay the deposit and make a reservation.
• Dslr or mirrorless camera
• Enough storage cards for at least 128 GB
• A zoom lens covering at least the 28/120 mm range on a full frame sensor, the equivalent on cropped sensors
• Camera user's manual
Recommended additional/optional items
• A very sturdy tripod with panoramic head
• Wide angle to normal zoom lens, at least 24/70 mm on a full frame sensor, the equivalent on cropped sensors. Ideally one 16/35 mm and a 28/70 mm
• Long tele zoom lens - 70/200mm is enough, 300mm is recommended
• Enough storage cards for at least 512 GB
• Extra Camera batteries
• Photography backpacks come in handy to protect the equipment if it rains and to facilitate transfers from a shooting location to another
• polarizer filter
• a set of Graduated ND filters, at least a 2 and a 3 stops (it is ideal to have all the range from 1 to 4 stops)
• ND filters for long exposures, ideally one 10 stops and one 6 stop
• remote (or cable) switch
Clothes and Accessories
November is one of the best period for visiting Nepal as everywhere is lush green after the heavy Monsoon rains in summer. Daytime's temperature remain quite warm in many parts of Nepal, though it can be cold at night, especially towards the end of the month. Expect abotut 15-20 degress Celsius in Kathmandu and Pokhara. There is usually no rainfall throughout the country in this period.
Weather in a mountain environment though is unpredictable by definition. We can literally experience a whole set of different conditions in the same day, ranging from pristine, clear blue skies and mild temperatures down to rain/snow showers and strong and chilly cold winds. Even in the relatively mild November.
So, for the mountains, a full set of warm clothes is recommended, including but not limited to:
- trekking shoes or mountain boots
- wind/rain proof jacket
- pile pullovers
- sun glasses
- Head lamps and batteries
f you wish to join the tour, please fill up this form; I’ll be happy to get in touch and inform you how to book your cool photo experience in Venice.
Please use also this form for sending any other information you wish to communicate, and/or for asking questions about the tour, photo gear, particular needs and wishes, etc.
By sending this form you accept our terms and conditions.
This contact form allows me to answer quickly and effectively; if you feel uncomfortable with it, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
note: your privacy is important to us. Please read carefully our privacy statement.
“Paolo knows the regions very well and will take you to wonderful locations he knows after many years of photographing. He loves to teach others about photography and I would feel comfortable recommending him to the novice or the expert looking to have a great time, learn some new techniques, and come home with some amazing pics to print.”
— Vivek Raval, New York