An Italy Photo Workshops' Tour
designed in collaboration with Tim Vollmer Photography.
Join us on this All Inclusive Photo Tour, visit and photograph the beauty of the Italian Dolomites in October, when Fall colours reach their peak! And, as an optional 4-days extension, take also a chance to photograph the iconic landmark as well as the hidden treasures of Venice, the most beautiful city of the world.
You’ll be expertly guided by Tim and myself, two pros with many years of experience in professionally organizing and leading photo workshops in Italy and elsewhere in the world.
Expect to shoot from sunrise to sunset. And even beyond, if the weather allows and the Milky Way is in sight!
As it always happens with our group workshops, everything is included, so just pack up your gear and get ready for an unforgettable photo adventure!
- Seven (or Eleven) Days Landscape Photography Workshop -
The Dolomites, Italy - October 4th - 11th, 2019
Venice, Italy - Optional Extension- October 11th - 14th, 2019
• Full time in the field guidance and instructions from two professional landscape and travel photographer with more than ten years of experience in international photography tours and workshops.
• An All-Inclusive treatment: hotel rooms and all meals are included in the price.
• A small group size ensuring the necessary tutors' attention for each guest;
• Cable-car's excursions in some of the most scenographic areas of the Dolomites
• Public transportation granted with mini-vans for the length of the tour, for your best comfort and maximum flexibility
• A balanced itinerary where you will photograph stunning landscapes in untouched areas, visit beautiful towns built in the typical alpine style, and have a chance to taste the exquisite local cuisine and wines
• At least one image processing session, where we will analyze in details basic and advanced techniques of post-processing
• Inspiration, fun and a great time!
Need to Know
Italian Dolomites and Venice
October 4th - 11th in the Dolomites
October 11th-14th in Venice (extension)
Double Occupancy lodging (single available, just ask)
Dolomites: 3'990 EUR double room, 250 EUR single room supplement
Venice: 2'490 EUR double room, 250 EUR single room supplement
Medium, a few hikes with moderate elevation gain in the mountains
Required: DSLR or mirrorless camera, 28-120 mm zoom lens, tripod
Open to any photographer interested in landscape and travel photography, whether a beginner or a pro
Limited to maximum 12 guests
• In the field full time tutoring and instructions
• 7 (or 11) overnights in hotel, with continental breakfast included. Double room occupancy, single available with a supplement.
• All meals and soft drinks (lunch and dinner)
• 7 days transportation with mini-van
• at least 1 image processing session (a laptop with photo processing software is required)
What's Not Included
• international air travel tickets
• cancellation and travel insurance
• Local tourists tax (approx 4,50 EUR/night pax)
• tickets to cable cars
• Everything not specifically listed as included
A deposit of 35% of the total amount will be required to hold your space in this workshop. The balance will be due not later than 3 months before the start of the tour. You will be provided by email with instructions on how to make the payments.
This workshop is strictly limited to 12 guests and sells out fast, so don't delay. If you've been thinking about a photo workshop in the Dolomites and Venice then click the button below, fill the form with all the information required and any other information you wish to communicate. You will be contacted back right away with the instructions on how to pay the deposit and make a reservation.
• Dslr or mirrorless camera
• Enough storage cards for at least 32 GB
• A zoom lens covering at least the 28/120 mm range on a full frame sensor, the equivalent on cropped sensors
• Camera user's manual
Recommended additional/optional items
• A very sturdy tripod with panoramic head
• Wide angle to normal zoom lens, at least 24/70 mm on a full frame sensor, the equivalent on cropped sensors. Ideally one 16/35 mm and a 28/70 mm
• Long tele zoom lens - 70/200mm is enough, 300mm is recommended
• Enough storage cards for at least 256 GB
• Extra Camera batteries
• Photography backpacks come in handy to protect the equipment if it rains and to facilitate transfers from a shooting location to another
• polarizer filter
• a set of Graduated ND filters, at least a 2 and a 3 stops (it is ideal to have all the range from 1 to 4 stops)
• ND filters for long exposures, ideally one 10 stops and one 6 stop
• remote (or cable) switch
• for the image processing session, a laptop with Photoshop CS3 or newer and Lightroom 3.x or newer
Clothes and Accessories
Weather in an Alpine environment is unpredictable by definition. We can literally experience a whole set of different conditions in the same day, ranging from pristine, clear blue skies and mild temperatures down to rain/snow showers and strong and chilly cold winds. Even in summer time.
So a full set of warm clothes is recommended, including but not limited to:
- trekking shoes
- gumboots (optional, but useful in certain situations such as rivers and lakes)
- wind/rain proof jacket
- pile pullovers
- sun glasses
- Head lamps and batteries
f you wish to join the tour, please fill up this form; I’ll be happy to get in touch and inform you how to book your cool photo experience in Venice.
Please use also this form for sending any other information you wish to communicate, and/or for asking questions about the tour, photo gear, particular needs and wishes, etc.
By sending this form you accept our terms and conditions.
This contact form allows me to answer quickly and effectively; if you feel uncomfortable with it, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
note: your privacy is important to us. Please read carefully our privacy statement.
“Paolo knows the regions very well and will take you to wonderful locations he knows after many years of photographing. He loves to teach others about photography and I would feel comfortable recommending him to the novice or the expert looking to have a great time, learn some new techniques, and come home with some amazing pics to print.”
— Vivek Raval, New York